The BMS Records & Archives are held at The Jerwood Library of the Performing Arts, administered by the Trinity College of Music, located at King Charles Court, Old Royal Naval
College, Greenwich. They are open to the public, but advance notice to visit or inspect any of the contents is recommended. The Head Librarian is Claire Kidwell (+44 (0)20 8305 4425; email@example.com.)
The BMS administrator is Jonathan Woolf, 76 Lushes Road, Loughton, Essex IG10 3QB (+44 (0)20 8418 0616; firstname.lastname@example.org) who holds an additional copy of the catalogue and who may be contacted about the contents.
Our Records & Archives currently comprise:
Volume 1: Management & Administration
- Minutes, Personnel, Correspondence, Press Notices, Constitution etc.
Volume 2: Publications
- Copies of all BMS publications plus press notices and supporting information.
Volume 3: Recordings
- Copies of all BMS and Environs cassettes and CDs.
- Copies of LPs sponsored by the BMS.
- Recordings of various live concerts and events
(Please note: there are currently no facilities to play those on reel-to-reel tapes.)
- Press notices and supporting information.
Volume 4: Live Music & Events
- List of all occasions, together with programmes, press notices and supporting information.
Volume 5: Archives & Donations, including
- Scores of two Bainton operas.
- Copies of some John Ireland correspondence.
- The Churchill Society musical data.
- Scores of songs by Brian Blyth Daubney.
- William Lovelock CD Donation.
- William Wordsworth Donation.
- Numerous collections of ephemera, composer information, opera programmes and data, donations of books, leaflets, cassettes and CDs.
- The Robert Still Archive.
The Robert Still Archive is particularly extensive and covers:
- Manuscripts of numerous scores (circa 40m plus songs).
- Supporting programmes, reviews, correspondence, leaflets etc.
- A Study of Still by Lorraine Elsey (1981).
- Articles or drafts of talks by Still on subjects both musical and otherwise, illustrating his intellectual brilliance as man and composer.
- Other miscellaneous documents.
- A number of cassettes, reel-to-reels, acetates and LPs (quality varies).
- Agreements signed by Still.